Joe Iovino is a writer and podcast host who enjoys blogging, motorcycle riding, listening to Bruce Springsteen and rooting for the Mets.
At United Methodist Communications, he writes for UMC.org, the global denominational website of The United Methodist Church, and is the host of Get Your Spirit in Shape, a podcast featuring conversations with authors, leaders and bishops about growing as disciples of Jesus.
Originally from the Jersey Shore, home of boardwalks, beaches, and the Boss, Joe and his family lived in Colorado for 10 years enjoying the mountains and snow. Unfortunately, he never learned to ski or snowboard.
Before moving to Nashville, Joe led youth and worship ministries in New Jersey and Colorado.
Happily married since 1991, Joe and Diane have two great kids. Diane is the director of the Child Development Center at City Road Chapel United Methodist Church in Madison, Tennessee. Their son is a talented musician and music therapist working in Colorado Springs. Their daughter is a comedy writer/performer/director studying at Columbia College Chicago.
If you talk to Joe long enough, he is likely to bring up something interesting he heard on a podcast. Oh, and he probably knows more about The Simpsons than you, which was almost cool when he was a youth pastor in the 90s.
Joe’s work experience
United Methodist Communications
Senior Manager, Member Content
Samples of my work are available at clippings.me/joeiovino
Previous Content Work
- Homiletics, Contributor
- Proclaim Sermons, Contributor
- Hope-Full Living: Daily Devotions for Christian Seniors, Contributor
- Growing in Discipleship, Wrote daily devotions for congregation at Tri-Lakes United Methodist Church
- I also have two blogs posted at Seedbed.com.
- Writing for Your Life Spiritual Writers’ Conference, Nashville, TN, “Make Them Look: How to get your work in front of more eyes.” February 6-7, 2018.